American Soldier says, For crying out loud I don’t know whom I pissed off, but life for American Soldier is stressful lately. Last night my wife and I had to bring our daughter into the hospital. She was diagnosed with RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus). We thought she had the touch of pneumonia but that was not the case. It all started when we were coming home late yesterday afternoon and ...
American Soldier says,
Want to be part of something big?
Valour-IT’s online fundraising competition begins today! Let’s see who can raise the most money to help reconnect our wounded warriors with the world!
- WHAT: Friendly fundraising competition for Valour-IT.
- WHEN: November 2nd through Veterans Day (the 11th).
- WHERE: Based in the blogosphere, spreading everywhere else.
- WHY: Because giving wounded warriors with hand and arm injuries access to a computer supports their healing and puts them back in touch with the world.
HOW: Blogger teams will be divided along military branches, with civilians “up for grabs.”
The lines are drawn by service rivalry:
- Jarheads (Marines) will be led by Holly Aho
- Zoomies (Air Force) will be led by Greyhawk
- Squids (Navy) not yet led (not joking)
- Doggies (Army) led by Blackfive
Non-military bloggers should choose a branch the Army to support.
Now, normally, I don’t take part in the gentle brutal inter-service rivalry, especially during war. But this is for a very important charity. So, civilian bloggers, choose your branch. Choose wisely…
I am a big supporter of this project. So if you have a spare dollar, please donate it. I’m going to try and get the donate button code and post it on my right side bar.